You are never too young or too old to express your feminine self.
But that doesn’t mean you should ignore your age!
Dressing inappropriately for your age is a sure way to draw unwanted attention to yourself.
The good news is that you can look feminine and beautiful at ANY age.
Here are some tips – specifically for crossdressers and transgender women – on how to dress age-appropriately, no matter where you are in life.
20s: Style Inspiration
|Jenna Talackova||Taylor Swift||Blake Lively|
20s: Style Tips
- Your 20s are a time to play with trends and be adventurous. You’re still discovering your style, so take risks and have fun!
- You’re not a teenager anymore. Stay away from adolescent clothing like midriff-baring tops, loud colors, sequins, rhinestones, and skimpy outfits.
- You can get away with short skirts and body-baring styles, but be careful not to cross the line from sexy to slutty. Good taste is a fashion DO at any age.
30s: Style Inspiration
|Laverne Cox||Janet Mock||Jessica Alba|
30s: Style Tips
- Your 30s are the time to start letting go of your wild past. You can still have fun, but now’s the time to add a touch of sophistication to your look.
- Dress less casually than you did in your 20s and stop shopping in the junior’s department.
- This is the perfect time to start building a wardrobe of classics while continuing to play with trendy items.
40s: Style Inspiration
|Candis Cayne||Jennifer Aniston||Victoria Beckham|
40s: Style Tips
- 40 is the new 30! However, that doesn’t mean you should dress exactly like someone 10 years younger than you.
- This is the age to start thinking about dressing in more tailored styles. Consider classic, clean shapes in bold colors or prints for added impact.
- Go for simplicity rather than complicated details. From now on, your look should be clean, classy and sophisticated.
- There’s no reason to turn down your sex appeal once you hit 40. But instead of baring it all, show off one part of your body and keep the rest covered.
50s: Style Inspiration
|Kim Cattrall||Sharon Stone||Michelle Pfeiffer|
50s: Style Tips
- Now’s the time to start highlighting your face instead of your body.
- Classic styles and modest cuts are your best friends.
- It’s especially important to wear clothes that fit well. Choose tailored styles that skim your body instead of clinging.
- As you get older, your clothes should get simpler. But simple doesn’t have to mean boring! Accessorize with bold jewelry, gorgeous bags, and great shoes.
Your 60s and Beyond
60s and Beyond: Style Inspiration
|Caitlyn Jenner||Diane Von Furstenberg||Susan Sarandon|
60s and Beyond: Style Tips
- By now you know yourself well and are past trying to look like a 30-year-old.
- Much like a woman in her 50s, it’s best to stick to the classics, with lots of interesting jewelry and other accessories to liven up your face and wardrobe.
- Invest in good quality shoes, handbags, and jewelry so you can enjoy them through this decade and beyond.
- No matter how far past 60 you are, you NEVER have to dress in frumpy old lady clothes!
NOW is the Perfect Time to Be Your Best Femme Self!
The most important thing to know is that you can look sexy, beautiful, and feminine at any age. NOW is the perfect time to be your best femme self, so let’s celebrate your journey!